Lock, Stock Reviews: Bang Bangz EP

Posted by Mike Diesel | Posted in | Posted on 2:05 PM

FRESH OUT: BANG BANGZ EP

Listen and download BANG BANGZ EP!

Possibly still drunk, working on 4hrs of sleep - while energy drinks flow through my veins, and in need of a second shower. I finally bring you the much anticipated BANG BANGZ EP review! *crowd goes wild* Last night was definitely one for the books (as they say) I arrived around 9p just as The new York city queens were setting up. With alcohol already running through my system, the night was just getting started. By the time Bang Bangz got on stage, the place was so packed I had back up beers for my back up beers. I was not about to spend my night trying to catch the bartender's attention. Bang Bangz started setting up their merchandise, and as soon as the lovely gal attending the booth sat down, a line had already began to take form. They were going fast! I took as many EPs as I could afford and claimed my spot near center stage. Bang Bangz gave its loyal fans such a great show, everyone had a great time. I certainly enjoyed myself after months of seclusion from the social scene.

Mission Impossible-Objective: Infiltrate backstage, get interview.

If I was going to get this interview, I had to play it cool. Move like the wind. The fact that I was wearing black on black gave me an upper hand as I moved with the walls. I made my way to the backstage door and took my chance when the door swing'd wide open. The place was empty. Then, in comes lead guitarist and vocalist Mario Rodriguez. Victory was going to be mine! We met at the back patio and got started on the interview. Check it out..

Bang Bangz interview by Dieselfbg

EP ALBUM REVIEW

Finally, right? I know. I just keep rambling on but I'm trying to give you the full experience of last nights events. First off, the artwork (by Enrique A. Rodriguez & Gustavo Rodriguez Jr.) compliments the music very well. Both elegant and artistic you'd think it was taken straight from the walls of an art gallery. Great job guys. Bang Bangz music is soothing, chill, it puts you in the zone. A narcotic for your ears. The album is so robust song after song it leaves you wanting more. "Photograph" being one of my favorite tracks along with "Black and White" and "Wrong" are what hooked me - leading me to cover this amazing trio. "Photograph" is a powerful tune that reaches your inner core. From the lyrics to the instrumentals, it's a perfect blend of dark and beautiful harmony. From beginning to end this album does not disappoint one bit. They completely stand out and this EP promises many things to come. I'm so glad to have gotten the opportunity to cover this band in their early but promising stage, and I wish you all the very best. I'm looking forward to the next project!!

If you missed them: Catch BANG BANGZ in-store performance February 25th 3pm! At CACTUS MUSIC!!!

BANG BANGZ OFFICIAL WEBSITE

Bang Bangz EP debut pictures

Bang Bangz has released dates for SXSW

  • 03/15 --SXSW Gypsy Lounge
  • 03/16 --SXSW Stack Burger Bar
  • 03/17 --SXSW Skinnys Ballroom Times: TBA

Comments (0)

Post a Comment

Share

[Get This]